East Coast Paranormal and Haunted Locations
Here are photos of the most haunted places in America I (Tabitha Hawk) have visited. I’ve been able to do some paranormal investigations in some of these haunted locations but many of them I was just able to get some photos of from the outside or do a day time tour of. Admittedly most of the haunted locations I’ve visited I saw on Ghost Adventures, TAPS / Ghost Hunters, or Tennessee Wraith Chasers first. I could be considered a ghost show location chaser.
Ohio Paranormal Locations
The Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio
100 Reformatory Rd, Mansfield, OH 44905 | 40.783748, -82.502646
One of the best places historical and paranormal in Ohio. The Shawshank Redemption, Air Force One, Fallen Angels was filmed there. About every Ghost show on TV has been here too.
From the MRPS website:
From the suicides of desperate inmates to the mysterious death of the prison superintendent’s wife, death was a constant within the Ohio State Reformatory’s walls for decades. These dramatic past events make for the perfect hunting ground for haunting grounds.
Here are some of the prison’s most famous residents… some of whom you might meet when you visit*…
1. HELEN GLATTKE: In 1949, Helen Glattke, the wife of Arthur Glattke (the prison’s superintendent from 1935 to 1959) died unexpectedly: as Helen reached up to her closet shelf to retrieve her jewelry box, a handgun fell – according to the official report – and discharged, striking Helen’s left lung. Two days later, she died of complications from the injury.
GLATTKE GHOST SIGHTINGS: Ghost hunters have smelled the scent of roses (Helen’s distinctive perfume) and seen Helen walking to her bathroom. Others have reported smelling the fumes of the cigars he habitually smoked.
When Helen and Arthur passed—he died of a heart attack nearly a decade later—they left their sons orphaned. Molly Cabrera, the Ohio State Reformatory’s Program Coordinator, says: “We believe Helen and Arthur are attached to this building because they raised their family here,” who moved out following their respective high school graduations.
2. THE GUARDS KEEP GUARDING: Working in one of the country’s most disreputable prisons, over-crowded, disease-ridden, and brutal on inmates, the prison’s guards were frequently subject to violence… even as they doled it out to prisoners. They linger still.
GUARD GHOST SIGHTINGS: Some investigators have experienced invisible hands assisting them up the stairs at the Reformatory, feeling pressure on the small of their backs or arms.
3. FRANK HANGER: One of the prison guards, Frank was murdered by a disgruntled inmate in the 1940s. He can still be found at his old place of business.
HANGER GHOST SIGHTINGS: “We have had reports of [Hanger] … being spotted repeatedly, not only on camera but during a live investigation,” says Cabrera. Frank, true to his role in life, is “known to respond well to authority figures, like police officers.”
4. IN THE HOLE: Two inmates went into solitary confinement, but only one came out. The other was found dead, stuffed under the bed.
THE HOLE GHOST SIGHTINGS: “The Hole,” is one of the most haunted spots in the prison: visitors report experiencing nausea and discomfort, as well as other phenomena like cold spots, the feeling of “being watched,” and mysterious breathing down their necks.
5. THE BOY IN THE BASEMENT: The Ohio State Reformatory’s basement is the site of a particularly disturbing tale of a boy of only fourteen being beaten to death.
BASEMENT GHOST SIGHTING: Sightings of the boy’s small figure have been reported, along with a vague sense of his “malicious presence.” Others claim to have seen a figure running away, as if in fear.
6. SUICIDE SPIRITS: Life at the Reformatory could be brutal. More than a few inmates committed suicide out of desperation. In the shower room, located in the east block cell, a supernatural presence is often noted, thought to be the spirit of one inmate who hung himself.
SUICIDE GHOST SIGHTINGS: Today, he messes with flashlights and other electronics. Visitors have also reported feeling as though they, too, are being choked.
7. GRAVEYARD GHOULS: As frequently as inmates died, it should be little surprise that the Reformatory boasts a substantial cemetery. A former area of the grounds, it’s still used to bury prisoners who die while incarcerated. Many people believe that inmates who were buried in the cemetery still come back and haunt the reformatory and report to us.
8. DEATH BY FIRE: According to The Guinness Book of World Records, the East cell block is the largest free-standing group of cells … and the quantity of ghosts is equally as daunting! Here, among numerous violent deaths, one infamous story stands out as particularly macabre: One desperate inmate doused himself in kerosene and lit a match, burning himself to death.
FIERY GHOST SIGHTING: Rumor has it that occasionally, his dying form is visible to visitors, a startling sight for the mild-mannered.
9. WATCH YOUR STEP: The stairway leading to the guard tower at the Mansfield Reformatory is more perilous than it might first appear.
STAIRWAY GHOST SIGHTINGS: There have been reports of unseen occupants shoving visitors, who must take care to avoid falling as a result. Voices and laughter can be heard echoing there, as well.
10. PHOEBE WISE: In December of 1891, Ms. Wise was tortured by robbers who broke into her home to steal the “family treasure” rumored (falsely) to be hidden on the premises. After stealing what money and jewelry she had, robbers left a brutalized Phoebe to free herself from where she was tied and make her way to the Reformatory to contact the police. A local “eccentric,” Ms. Wise can’t seem to move on, perhaps as a result of this horrific trauma and the many others that plagued her.
WISE GHOST SIGHTINGS: Relatively harmless but liable to startle newcomers, Phoebe can often be seen heading toward the Reformatory, either in pursuit of police aid or to fetch water from the spring nearby, and some claim she’s tried to hitch a ride back. Her appearance can be alarming: during Ms. Wise’s life, her stooped form and state of dress, combined with her reputation for shouting angrily at passersby, convinced local children that she was a witch.
Prospect Place in Trinway, Ohio
12150 Main Street, Trinway, OH 43842 | 40.134857,-82.012063
This mansion, owned by a wealthy abolitionist, was once a stop on the underground railroad. A gateway to freedom for hundreds of slaves, it was also the last stop for many who arrived in terrible physical condition and died there.
There is a 19th century mansion tucked into a rural section of Muskingum County in Ohio. It is brick and boasts 29 rooms, a dance hall, library and an observatory on top where you can see the rugged southeastern Ohio hills by day and by night, a million stars in the sky. Its walls harbored a large family and their servants along with escaped slaves in the 1800s. Prospect Place Muskingum County Ohio. It is said after a train wreck in 1912, the owner opened her doors to the dead to be used as a morgue. During the 1900s, the heirs of the family lay claim to it along with tenant farmers. People lived and died in its grasp since 1856. Now legends about it have cropped up over time, some real and some perhaps not so real. But there is as fine a line between the natural world and the supernatural world as there is between legend and what really happened.
Now the ghosts of Prospect Place’s past walk the hallways that are nearly stripped of its once-elaborate decor. You can walk around the home, too, dig out your ghost hunting gear and, for a small fee, sample some of the flavor of the past. You can search for the spirits not quite laid to rest and ponder the difference between what people said happened and what really did happen. Ghostly apparitions have been seen and photographed in the home.
Seadamsville Rectory in Cincinnati, Ohio
639 Steiner Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45204 | 39.089599, -84.568074
The building has been featured on three television shows including “Haunted Collector,” “My Ghost Story” and “Ghost Adventures.”. Originally built in 1891 as Our Lady of Perpetual Help Rectory
Lima Tuberculosis Hospital in Lima, Ohio
2001 Garden Street Lima , OH 45805 | 40.722306, -84.142678
Tuberculosis is a disease that has been killing people since ancient times. The strain of bacterium that causes Tuberculosis has been found in bison 17 000 years old & humans 4 000 years old. In olden times, Tuberculosis was known as Consumption because of its symptoms; including bloody cough, fever, loss of skin pigment (pallor) & long relentless wasting. These symptoms led people to believe the person was being ‘consumed’ from the inside.
In 1839, after it was identified as only a single disease; it was named Tuberculosis by Johann Lukas Schonlien. It was an infectious disease that transported from person to person through sputum (basically anything that you cough up). Along with the aforementioned symptoms, Tuberculosis causes fatigue, night sweats, loss of appetite & consequently a loss of weight.
In 1904, Tuberculosis was killing 1 person in every 550. The abundance of people dying, coupled with the fact that people realized this was an infectious disease led to research and attempts at finding a cure.
It would be a long time before they found an effective treatment. In the meantime, persons that had Tuberculosis were treated with sanitarium stays and rest.
It was around this time that Ohio decreed that each county had its own Tuberculosis hospital to isolate the contagious persons.
Lima Tuberculosis opened in 1911 to wage its 50 year battle on the disease. Patients were to remain at Lima TB for a 3 to 5 year period.
Tuberculosis is not much of a concern anymore in industrialized nations. Modern chemotherapy and antibiotics led to the reduction in the need for Tuberculosis hospitals.
A fall in Tuberculosis cases led Lima Tuberculosis began to allow non-Tuberculosis patients in January 1960. It was renamed at this time to Ottawa Valley Hospital and continued operation until 1972.
Several plans for the property have surfaced since, but the building remains in a solitary state amongst the Ohio forest.
Franklin Castle in Cleveland, Ohio
4308 Franklin Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44113 | 41.485582, -81.716450
Franklin Castle: For decades, it has been called “The Most Haunted House in Ohio.”
For years, tales were told of doors that exploded off their hinges, lights that spun around on their own, electrical circuits that behaved erratically, the inexplicable sounds of a baby crying, and even a woman in black who had been spotted staring forlornly from a small window in the front tower room. According to local tales, there have always been ghosts in this house. And this should come as no surprise considering the dark deeds, murders, and diabolical events that have alleged to have been linked to this place.
Tiedemann House was built in the period 1881-1883 by Hannes Tiedemann, a German immigrant who became prosperous first as a wholesale grocer and then later as a banker. The house was designed by the famed Cleveland architectural firm of Cudell and Richardson. When Tiedemann built the house in the late nineteenth century, Franklin Boulevard was one of the most upscale residential avenues in Cleveland, perhaps second only to famed Euclid Avenue’s Millionaires’ Row.
In 1985, Michael DeVinko purchased the Tiedemann House and spent a large sum of money restoring it. DeVinko, whose stage name was Mickey Deans and who was the last husband of legendary singer and actress Judy Garland, lived in the house for over a decade. Shortly after he sold the house in 1999, the house was torched by an arsonist, causing substantial damage to it.
Old Paulding Jail in Paulding, Ohio
112 South Williams Street Paulding, OH 45879 | 41.136684, -84.581018
Voices, Dark Shadows, Visitors Being Grabbed and Touched have all been reported here. Explore the hidden tunnels and dungon-like cells found behind a rock wall.
It was contracted to be built in 1874. There was no railroad passing through the town at that time, the cost of getting the stone and others materials was pretty great and more difficult and work had progressed rather slowly. The building was not completed until 1876 at a cost of $25,000. The basement is cut of limestone, above which are two stories of brick and stone trimmings. It was constructed on the most modern and improved plans, and it was regarded as one of the most securest jails and most convenient sheriff’s residences in northwestern Ohio. The sheriff and their families lived at the jail until 1977 after which no other sheriff lived at the jail.
The jail operated and served the Village of Paulding until 2006 after which was used as County storage until 2013.
In 2013 the jail was set for demolition which caused public outcry within the residents causing the County to offer the jail up for sale. The Jail was then purchased by Jeff and Cassie Hollis of All Trades Historical Restorations LLC. They began the restoration process of the building. During their work they discovered an area that had been bricked over in the basement and they started to remove this wall and found walkways and hidden cells. They uncovered what was thought to be lost evidence of the old unsolved murder case of Nancy Eagleson who was murdered over 50 years ago. Shelly Robertson purchased the jail in April 2015.
Old Licking County Jail in Newark, Ohio
46 S 3rd St, Newark, OH 43055 | 40.056149, -82.401518
Having being featured on paranormal shows like Ghost Adventures, Resident Undead and also in the paranormal film “God Don’t Make The Laws”. The very haunted Old Licking County Jail in Newark, Ohio is a haven for full blown ghostly apparitions. The horror that was encountered, endured and experienced by many former inmates leaves the residual energy here purely terrifying.
Opening its doors in 1889, this historic location is partially surrounded by the original and very ornate ironwork fence, this eerie jail was also built with brownstone that was quarried in from Millersburg, Ohio. This Richardson Romanesque style building designed by architect Joseph W. Yost who also happened to design Orton Hall on the Ohio State University campus in Columbus, Ohio – truly exudes a Gothic castle like feel to its ominous appearance and stature. This jail remained in operation all the way to 1987 when it no longer met state standards.
This eerie structure adds the ghoulish appeal of this 130 year old jail where it has now been confirmed that at least 22 people have died within these walls, many of them by suicides.
The haunted history of the jail is marked by the brutal murder of Carl Etherington – a dry agent with the Anti-Saloon League during Prohibition. He was being held that the jail for his own safety from a lynch mob as a crowd of 500 gathered on the north side of the jail thirsting for Carl’s death. The crowd broke through the gates and stormed the jail. Etherington was almost beaten to death with a sledge hammer on the second floor cellblock (or did he REALLY die in his cell)?
According to local folklore, more than 5,000 people came in to see his body which had been dragged from the jail and tied to a telegraph pole on the southeast corner of the town square ultimately ending his life. Carl Etherington was only 17 years old at the time of his untimely death.
True believers in the paranormal and skeptics alike have reported hearing cell doors slamming, being touched, whispering in your ear, whistles, the sounds of footsteps – some of those being what seemed residual, the jingling of keys, screams and moaning, as well as seeing strange light anomalies, full shadow figures, and photos with unexpected images in them – just to name a few!
Bissman Building in Mansfield, Ohio
193 N Main St, Mansfield, OH 44902 | 40.763610, -82.515520
The Bissman Building, along with all of its Gothic Romantic styling, was commissioned by Peter Bissman in 1886. Engineered and constructed by the same contractors as the Ohio State Reformatory, it was the home to Peters’ wholesale grocery distribution center up until the mid 1970’s. The 50,000sq.ft. warehouse was built in order for The Bissman Company to expand its flourishing business.
The Bissman Company supplied Mansfield and the surrounding area with a broad variety of grocery products including Bissman’s Red Band Coffee, hand rolled Cuban cigars, private labeled canned goods, and a wide array of alcoholic beverages. It was a landmark the day it opened and remains today, a lasting treasure to the community.
Each morning the streets would be filled with the aroma of hand roasted coffee beans then like clockwork, at the end of a long work day, the smell of freshly roasted peanuts wandered throughout the flats, enticing the locals to enjoy a beverage, preferably one delivered that day by The Bissman Company.
The Building still buzzes today with activity. Home to Pirate Printing, a Bissman Family owned printing and embroidery business and the host to private ghost hunts, ghost walks and Shawshank tours. The building has been the back drop for several movies, including The Shawshank Redemption and The Dead Matter. The perfect industrial feel has lent itself to multiple music videos and with its long standing reputation for paranormal activity; it was featured in an episode of Ghost Hunters (T.A.P.S.) as well as two episodes of My Ghost Story.
Fort Jenning’s Memorial Hall in Fort Jennings, Ohio
360 N Water St, Fort Jennings, OH 45844 | 40.904968, -84.296167
Jennings Memorial Hall stands above the Auglaize River in Putnam County, near the site of the original Fort Jennings, which was established by General William Henry Harrison, and built in 1812 by Lt. Col. William Jennings, Jr. and his soldiers from the 2nd Kentucky Militia.
Poasttown Elementary School in Middletown, Ohio
6600 Trenton Franklin Rd, Middletown, OH 45042 | 39.548211, -84.381135
Poasttown Elementary sits in the quiet background of Middletown, Ohio. As you drive up to the school it’s quite apparent that you will not spend your evening here alone. The air often feels heavy, and just around the bend of the hallways, you wonder if someone is watching you. Audible voices often carry through the hallway, and residual sounds and whistles are either caught by EVP or heard audibly. The school was dedicated in 1937 and had a long run until 2000. Although the staff have all left, many say that class is still in session behind these doors.
On July 4th, 1910 there was a horrific train accident that occurred when an Engineer of the Big Four passenger train ran off the schedule after a detour. This caused mass chaos and when the second train, full of freight, saw the original train it was too late. All passengers in the 2 cars closest to the engine either died or were seriously injured. In the end, there were a total of 36 deaths.
Most of Butler County was a scene of mass destruction due to the great flood of 1913. It swept through cities with a vengeance, and 6 people were killed just outside of the city of Middletown.
Pennsylvania Paranormal Locations
Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, PA
2027 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130 | 39.968299, -75.172701
Eastern State Penitentiary was once the most famous and expensive prison in the world, but stands today in ruin, a haunting world of crumbling cellblocks and empty guard towers. Known for its grand architecture and strict discipline, this was the world’s first true “penitentiary,” a prison designed to inspire penitence, or true regret, in the hearts of prisoners. Its vaulted, sky-lit cells once held many of America’s most notorious criminals, including bank robber “Slick Willie” Sutton and Al Capone.
Considered to be one of the most haunted locations in the world, Eastern State Penitentiary first opened its doors in 1829. Although executions were not carried out at Eastern State, the prison was home to its fair share of murders. At least two guards were murdered over the years as were many inmates. Hundreds of others died from disease and old age. The grounds are haunted with the spirits who met their end at Eastern State Penitentiary. Capone. From 1929 to 1930, Al Capone complained he was haunted by the ghost of James Clark, one of the victims of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre in Chicago.
Hoffman Mansion in Gettysburg, PA
2632 Emmitsburg Rd Gettysburg, PA 17325 | 39.766423, -77.271587
The mansion sits near the approximate location of Pickett’s Charge and was used as a field hospital for the Union Army during and after the Charge. The Mansion is known for the presence of orbs near the front parlor of the home where most of the operations were performed. It has been reported that the doctor in charge still haunts that room. Additionally, the Hoffman’s daughter, reportedly over mistaken gossip about here fiancé’s fidelity, hung herself in the attic. Her presence is known to haunt that space and frequently makes herself known.
Jennie Wade House in Gettysburg, PA
548 Baltimore St, Gettysburg, PA 17325 | 39.823282, -77.230676
Just 20 years old at the time of the Battle, Jennie was kneading dough in the kitchen when a rifle bullet pierced two doors and claimed her life and was the only civilian life lost in the Gettysburg during the war. Every ghost show has been to this house when they do a Gettysburg episode.
New York Paranormal Locations
The Haunted Hinsdale – Dandy House in Hinsdale, NY
3830 McMahon Rd, Hinsdale, NY 14743 | 42.1672733,-78.3425414
The haunted house in Hinsdale, perhaps the most famous haunted house in the area, has all the elements of a good ghost story: a mysterious history, strange sightings, unexplainable events and even an exorcism. The house on McMahon Road first gained notoriety when a book, “Echoes of a Haunting,” was published in September 2000 by Xlibris Corp. written by Clara Miller/Dandy.
Clara and Phil Dandy lived in the house along with their children in the early 1970s. During their time there, they were visited by many spirits . Father Alphonsus, a priest from St. Bonaventure University was at the house more than once to perform an exorcism which worked for awhile but as time went by the Dandy family lost the battle and ended up leaving the house for good.
In 2006 A Episode of “A Haunting” and aired on Discovery Channel, It was based on the Dandys and their Experiences. ‘ As the years passed by a few families have lived in the home but didn’t stay for long. You can probably guess why. The last occupants of the Hinsdale House were Joe and Florence Misnik, who passed away a few months from one another.
Rolling Hills Asylum in East Bethany, NY
11001 Bethany Center Rd, East Bethany, NY 14054 | 42.880982, -78.132954
Before becoming infamously known as Rolling Hills Asylum™ and a widely documented hotbed of paranormal activity, the property was originally named The Genesee County Poor Farm in 1827, often affectionately referred to as “The Old County Home”.
The following were eligible for assistance: Habitual drunkards, lunatics (one who by disease, grief or accident lost the use of reason or from old age, sickness or weakness was so weak of mind as to be incapable of governing or managing their affairs), paupers (a person with no means of income), state paupers (one who is blind, lame, old or disabled with no income source) or a vagrant.
With over 1,700 documented deaths and hundreds not recorded, it’s no wonder Haunted North America rated it as the second most haunted site in the United States with Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Asylum and others investigating here.
Kentucky Paranormal Locations
Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Lousiville, KY
4400 Paralee Dr, Louisville, KY 40272 | 38.129971, -85.840642
Waverly Hills Sanatorium is a beautiful example of early 20th century early Tudor Gothic Revival style architecture and a major contributor to the Louisville, Ky community. It is listed on the National Historic Register and was threatened to be torn down. During the course of the building’s existence, it became known as one of the “most haunted places on earth”.
Originally, Waverly Hills Sanatorium was a two-story frame building, with a hipped roof and half-timbering. Construction on this building began in 1908, and opened for business on July 26, 1910. The building was designed to safely accommodate 40-50 tuberculosis patients. At the time, tuberculosis was a very serious disease. People who were afflicted with tuberculosis were isolated from the general public and placed in an area where they could rest, stay calm, and have plenty of fresh air. Sanatoriums were built on high hills surrounded by peaceful woods to create a serene atmosphere to help the patients recover.
The massive, collegiate, gothic style Sanatorium that you see standing on Waverly Hill, today. It could accommodate at least 400 + patients and was considered one of the most modern and well-equipped facilities at the time. Construction of this Sanatorium began in March 1924 and opened for business on October 17, 1926. The facility served as a tuberculosis hospital until 1961, when the discovery of an antibiotic that successfully treated and cured TB rendered the facility obsolete. But in 2001 Waverly Hills Sanatorium was purchased by historical and paranormal enthusiasts Charles and Tina Mattingly.
Ghost researchers are always drawn to the fifth floor of the former hospital. The legends of the fifth floor are many: Stories say that in 1928, the head nurse in Room 502 was found dead in Room 502. She had committed suicide by hanging herself from the light fixture. She was 29 years-old at the time of her death and allegedly, unmarried and pregnant. Her depression over the situation led her to take her own life. It’s unknown how long she may have been hanging in this room before her body was discovered. And this would not be the only tragedy to occur in this room.
Bobby Mackey’s in Wilder, KY
44 Licking Pike, Wilder, KY 41071 | 39.073327, -84.492860
Today Bobby Mackey’s Music World is a popular nightclub full of dancing and good times, but this cheerful setting holds a much more sinister past. This place has near daily paranormal tours and has been investigated by almost every popular Ghost show.
On this same site in 1850, a large slaughterhouse and meat-packing facility was constructed to serve northwestern Kentucky and nearby Cincinnati, Ohio. In the lowest part of the building, a well was dug and used to hold the blood, guts and waste from the slaughtered animals.
Some researchers have speculated that after the slaughterhouse closed in the 1890s, Satanic cult activity took place in the building around the well. Animals, and possibly humans, were being slaughtered here for ritualistic purposes during secret meetings.
The building reopened as a nightclub called the “Latin Quarter” in the 1950s. Johanna (whose was said to wear rose-scented perfume), a dance hall girl and the daughter of the nightclub’s owner, fell in love with a singer, Robert Randall, who performed there. She got pregnant and intended to run off with the young singer, but her father forbade the romance and used his criminal connections to have the singer killed. When Johanna discovered what had happened, she poisoned her father, then took her own life in the basement of the building.
Some still believe the building’s basement holds the gateway or portal to Hell itself — a reference to the long-abandoned slaughterhouse well.
~ Stairs near the well in the old slaughterhouse have been deemed “the stairs that lead to nowhere.” Phantom footsteps can often be heard on these stairs.
~ Some believe that spirits can’t cross flowing water, so the rare northern current of the Licking River may be keeping the dark forces trapped inside the building.
~ A former caretaker, that lived in the apartment upstairs, claims to have been demonically possessed by the spirits. His exorcism was performed in the club by a minister.
~ A patron claims to have experienced suffocating heat, a flying trash can, and a man with a handlebar mustache repeating, “Die game, die game” (Latin for dying well/dying good) in the men’s restroom.
~ Bobby’s wife claims to have been overcome by the scent of roses in the basement, grabbed around the waist, picked up, thrown down, and pushed down stairs by a force, that resembled sketches of Alonzo Walling, screaming, “Get out! Get out!” She refuses to set foot in the club again.
Old War Memorial Hospital in Scottsville, KY
99 Hillview Dr, Scottsville, KY 42164 | 36.747573, -86.198845
I got to Meet, Greet and Fist Bump with Grant Wilson, from Syfy Channel’s “Ghost Hunters” along with Chris, Doogie and Mike from Destination America’s show “Ghost Asylum” and “Haunted Towns” at the Haunted Abandoned Scottsville Hospital in Scottsville, Kentucky on June 2nd, 2018.
On July 5, 1952, the Allen County War Memorial Hospital opened in Scottsville, KY. The hospital featured 31 beds (9 private and 11 semi private rooms) and 12 bassinets.
By 1996 it was abandoned and tales have been told of the mysteries of the “haunted hospital.” For many the stories have been enough to keep them out of the building, but for a few the strange happening in the old hospital can be explained as moonlight, wind or a setting building. Few will enter the abandoned building in the daytime, even fewer seek out the “realities” of the night, strange echoes through time of the hospital’s tragic history.
Memories of voices from the past, sad, pitiful memories even more tragic in death than in life. The hospital has been the site of more deaths in Allen County than any other site. The CCU (Critical Care Unit) has been a witness of too numerous medical deaths to record. The ER (Emergency Room) has witnessed thousands of noble attempts to save victims of accidents, suicides, and yes, even murders. No place in the county has served as the threshold between life and the hereafter more than this noble eerie building.
Old Talbott Tavern in Bardstown, KY
103 W Stephen Foster Ave, Bardstown, KY 40004 | 37.809100, -85.467363
The Old Talbott Tavern, also known as the Old Stone Tavern, a historic tavern built in 1779, making it the “oldest western stagecoach stop” still in operation. According to tradition, the tavern has never closed since its opening in 1779. It is rumored as well to have guest that have never checked out. Each room is named after a historical person who is said to haunt the corresponding room. The inn’s most famous ghost is the outlaw Jesse James. It is believed that until now, he still visits the inn. If you visit the hotel, you can still see the painting riddled with bullet holes which Jesse James put there himself. There are also reports of a mysterious woman who continues her haunting of the hotel.
Tennessee Paranormal Locations
Bell Witch Cave in Adams, TN
430 Keysburg Rd, Adams, TN 37010 | 36.590604, -87.057174
Books and even movies like “An American Haunting” and Bell Witch: The Movie are based on the Bell Witch. Between 1817 and 1821. The family of a local farmer named John Bell was plagued by a mysterious and violent spirit for nearly four years. The haunting involved spectral creatures, disembodied voices, unbelievable violence and even resulted in the death of John Bell — all at the hands of the infamous Bell Witch.
Blankets were pulled from beds, family members were kicked and scratched and their hair pulled. Particularly tormented was young Elizabeth Bell, who was slapped, pinched, bruised and stuck with pins. At first, John Bell was determined to keep the events secret, but soon confided in a friend, who then formed an investigative committee. John Bell’s friends soon learned that the strange force in the house had an eerie intelligence. It soon found a voice and from that day on was seldom silent.
The spirit identified itself as the “witch” of Kate Batts, a neighbor of the Bell’s, with whom John had experienced bad business dealings over some purchased slaves. “Kate” as the local people began calling the spirit, made daily appearances in the Bell home, wreaking havoc on everyone there. People all over the area of soon learned of the witch and she made appearances, in sounds and voices, all over Robertson County.
The ghost became so famous that even General Andrew Jackson decided to visit. He too experienced the antics of the witch and his carriage wheels refused to turn until the witch decided to let them.
John Bell fell victim to bouts of strange illness, for which Kate claimed responsibility. While he was sick in bed, the spirit cursed and prodded him, never allowing him to rest. One day, he went to bed and never recovered. He was found senseless in his bed one morning and a strange bottle was found nearby. Bell’s breath smelled of the black liquid in the bottle, so a drop of it was placed on the tongue of a cat and the animal dropped dead. John Bell soon followed suit and Kate screamed in triumph. She even made her presence known at his funeral, laughing, cursing and singing as the poor man was buried.
While the cave has become quite famous in recent years, there is little mention of it in contemporary accounts of the haunting.
Hales Bar Marina in Haletown, TN
1265 Hales Bar Rd, Guild, TN 37340 | 35.046299, -85.537561
Hales Bar Dam was a hydroelectric dam once located on the Tennessee River in Marion County, Tennessee, United States. The Chattanooga and Tennessee River Power Company began building the dam in 1905 and completed it in 1913, making Hales Bar one of the first major multipurpose dams and one of the first major dams to be built across a navigable channel in the United States. The dam’s lock, which went into operation on November 1, 1913, was 60 feet (18 m) by 260 feet (79 m), and its 41-foot (12 m) lift was the highest in the world at that time.
The marina sits on former Native American lands, and it’s disturbed by a Cherokee curse. Hales Bar has received national attention for its hauntings and been investigated by Ghost Adventures and other national paranormal groups. It remains a popular attraction for paranormal investigators.
Old South Pittsburg Hospital in South Pittsburg, TN
1100 Holly Ave, South Pittsburg, TN 37380 | 35.001963, -85.714467
The Old South Pittsburg Hospital is considered by many to be one of the most haunted places in Tennessee. In the year of 1959, four medical professionals founded the facility and named it the “South Pittsburg Municipal Hospital” or “SPMH” for short. It consisted of a total of sixty eight thousand square feet and was designed to meet the medical care needs of the growing community. Many physical additions were constructed throughout the next several decades to the haunted hospital. Unfortunately, the Old South Pittsburg Hospital was closed in the year of 1998. Since then, it has been dubbed as one of the most haunted places in Tennessee.
Many employees that worked at this hospital when it was in full operation share stories of many unusual events that occurred during their shifts. It was not at all uncommon for these employees to observe various inanimate objects such as medicine carts, hospital beds, wheelchairs and other items seemingly moving on their own. On the third floor of this haunted hospital, many have reported the fact they have seen a shadow figure of a man approximately seven feet in height that they believe to be one of the past surgeons that practiced in the medical facility.
Thomas House Hotel in Red Boiling Springs, TN
520 E Main St, Red Boiling Springs, TN 37150 | 36.529047, -85.839475
With a history dating back to the late 1800s, the Thomas House in Red Boiling Springs began as the Cloyd Hotel. Indeed, one of the ghosts still said to roam the bed and breakfast is Sarah Cloyd. Visitors trade reports of possible deaths on the property, which may fuel activity.
A&E Channel’s Paranormal State and Syfy Channel’s Ghost Hunters investigated this location
with several terrifying findings, and Ghost Hunt Weekends hosted Steve Gonsalves and Amy
Bruni from Syfy Channel’s Ghost Hunters for an event here with similar experiences.
Moving Beds, Dark Figures, Cold Spots, Disembodied Voices and Feelings of Terror are
experienced regularly here. Built in 1890, as a resort spa to the elite, it has been witness to 3
fires, deaths, numerous murders, accidents and even a one time home for a cult. The location
also sits atop an underground spring and limestone, is on the intersect of two creeks and a
crossroad and also sits on the path of an ancient Indian Trail. This location should keep even
the most seasoned ghost hunter on their guard.
Mississippi Paranormal Locations
McRaven House in Vicksburg, MS
1445 Harrison St, Vicksburg, MS 39180 | 32.3459308,-90.872591
The first portion of the house was built in 1797 when George Washington was President, and before Mississippi became a state. Highwayman Andrew Glass built a two-room brick structure with a bed-room above a kitchen, with a removable ladder to prevent an ambush while he slept. The blueberry and buttermilk plaster still adorn the walls. Mr. Glass would rob people traveling the Natchez Trace and hide out in McRaven. His surprising death became the start of McRaven’s haunting.
The second portion of McRaven was built in 1836 by Sheriff Stephen Howard. He enclosed a patio, creating a stairway and added a bedroom, a dining room and two-story covered porch. Built in the Empire period, this portion of the house was simple but decorative touches. Sheriff Howard lost his young wife Mary Elizabeth after childbirth, and her spirit is the most active ghost in the house. Mary Elizabeth often greets guests and plays pranks. Some of her personal belongings are still in the house.
The third portion of the house was built in the Greek Revival style by John H. Bobb in 1849. He was a prominent brick manufacturer and sawmill owner. Mr. Bobb built an elegant parlor, master bedroom, men’s changing area, flying wing staircase and a Greek Revival facade which he later replaced by the Italianate facade with “Vicksburg pillars.”
A few of the many apparitions you might encounter while visiting the McRaven Tour Home…
• Mary Elizabeth Howard is our most active spirit. She died at a young age in 1836 shortly after childbirth. She was the lady of the house as the empire section was built by her husband, Sheriff Steven Howard. If you visit McRaven, you may get a glimpse of Mary Elizabeth.
• John Bobb built the grand Greek Parlor and Master Suite of McRaven. He survived the Vicksburg Siege at McRaven, only to be murdered a year later by Union troops. Come and hear his story as this prominent business man met his tragic end, and how he still strolls his balcony.
• Andrew Glass built McRaven probably as a hideout. He was a notorious highwayman who rode with the Murrell Gang. He robbed people on the Natchez Trace and built two rooms at McRaven to count his spoils. Oddly the room is not all that different from the way he left it nearly 200 years ago. His spirit is active at McRaven, come only if you dare.
King’s Tavern in Natchez, MS
613 Jefferson St, Natchez, MS 39120 | 31.5602931,-91.4014104
The oldest building in the Natchez area is said to be haunted. It’s been standing, collecting stories, since the 1760s, when its brick and wood walls were constructed with beams from scrapped sailing ships and barge boards from flat river boats. Originally, it was block house for nearby Fort Panmure. But after the Revolutionary War, the block house became available for purchase, and in 1789, a man by the name of Richard King opened a tavern and an inn in the building. King’s Tavern was born. It operated as a stage stop, a mail station, and a tavern for many years. King sold the building around 1817, and it became a private residence.
Among the original architectural details and antique furniture decorating King’s Tavern today, there’s another old presence inside: The ghost of a tavern waitress and Richard King’s mistress, Madeline. As the story goes, King’s wife stabbed Madeline to death after learning of their affair. And now, centuries later, Madeline’s spirit is said to still walk the halls.
Other unexplained events have occurred in the building throughout the years: sounds of a baby crying in an empty room, mysterious images appearing in mirrors, customers reporting an unseen force pushing them or pulling their hair.
Louisiana Paranormal Locations
Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville, LA
7747 US-61, St Francisville, LA 70775 | 30.803291,-91.3900273
The drama of The Myrtles Plantation began in 1796 when General David Bradford, also known as “Whiskey Dave” of the Whiskey Rebellion, fled the United States to avoid arrest and imprisonment. Bradford arrived at Bayou Sara, then a Spanish Colony, and obtained a land grant of 650 acres from the Baron de Corondelet to begin a new life. In 1820 The Myrtles was sold to his son-in-law, Judge Clarke Woodruff, who remodeled the mansion.
The entrance foyer contains some of the finest examples of faux-bois and open pierced freizework in existence today. The French chandelier is Baccarat crystal and weighs more than 300 pounds. The stained glass entrance, original to the house, was hand-painted, etched and patterned after the French cross to ward off evil. The ladies and gentlemen’s parlors are mirrored reflections of one another. These two rooms are identical in size and exhibit magnificent open pierced freizework molding. The Carrara marble mantles grace the north and south walls of the parlors.
Touted as “One of America’s Most Haunted Homes”, the plantation is supposedly home to at least 12 ghosts. It is often reported that 10 murders occurred in the house, but historical records only indicate the murder of William Winter. In 2001, Unsolved Mysteries filmed a segment about the alleged hauntings at the plantation. According to host Robert Stack, the production crew experienced technical difficulties during the production of the segment. The Myrtles was also featured on a 2005 episode of Ghost Hunters.
Possibly the most well known of the Myrtles’ supposed ghosts, Chloe (or Cloe) was reportedly a slave owned by Clark and Sara Woodruff. According to one story, Clark Woodruff had pressured or forced Chloe into being his mistress. Other versions of the legend have Chloe listening in at keyholes to learn news of Clark Woodruff’s business dealings or for other purposes. After being caught, either by Clark or Sara Woodruff, one of her ears was cut off, and she wore a green turban to hide it.
Chloe supposedly baked a cake containing extract of boiled and reduced oleander leaves, which are extremely poisonous. The various legends diverge as to why she did this, a house maid who was getting the favor of the mistress was a suspect with some saying she was getting revenge on the Woodruffs and some saying she was attempting to redeem her position by curing the family of the poisoning. According to the legends, her plan backfired. Only Sara and her two daughters ate the cake, and all died from the poison. Chloe was then supposedly hanged by the other slaves, and thrown into the Mississippi River, either as punishment or to escape punishment by Clark Woodruff for harboring her.
Bloody Mary New Orleans Haunted Museum in New Orleans, LA
828 N. Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116
Tucked away in Mid-City lies a two story, purple and blue home that dates back to the 1890s. New Orleans is haunted far beyond the French Quarter— the ghosts are spread all over town. That is just the case with the private residence of Bloody Mary, a voodoo queen, and paranormal investigator.
According to Bloody Mary, the home came with spirits and she brought a few of her own. The builder, Eduard, still calls the house his home. The spirits that roam the halls are known to be mistrustful of men, and very protective of Bloody Mary, however, she has set a boundary with her spirits. But it hasn’t always been that way.
After Katrina, the good ghosts, the protectors, left the city and never came back, according to Bloody Mary. That left the door open for the dark side.
“I had a whole house of animals after Katrina because I did an animal rescue of a different type. So many died so quickly they needed help and I guess I was the person. I say that we’re way less haunted than we were before,” Bloody Mary said.
Ghosts in the attic are now sealed in with holy oil, though they can still be heard on occasion. Bloody Mary says green orbs, seven to 12 inches in diameter can be seen floating around the bedroom and living room. Some spirits are even known to hide items, and another fixes things.
“At one point, so many spirits were filling the hall—it looked like a spirit party. They were dressed as clowns or costumed and were dancing about, so I had to settle them down,” she said.
The home has been featured on numerous shows throughout the world, however, TV crews are rarely able to make it through a night.
Alabama Paranormal Locations
Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark in Birmingham, AL
1236, 20 32nd St N, Birmingham, AL 35222 | 33.521820, -86.790740
It operated as a pig iron-producing blast furnace from 1882 to 1971. After closing, it became one of the first industrial sites (and the only blast furnace) in the U.S. to be preserved and restored for public use.
The paranormal claims of Sloss Furnance were featured in paranormal reality TV shows like, Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters.
In the early 1900’s, James “Slag” Wormwood, was foreman of the “Graveyard Shift”, the period between sunset and sunrise, where a skeleton crew of nearly 150 workers toiled to keep the furnace fed. To impress his supervisors, Wormwood would make his workers take dangerous risks, forcing them to speed up production. During his reign, 47 workers lost their lives, ten times more than any other shift in the history of the furnace. Countless others lost their ability to work due to accidents, mishaps, and even a recorded explosion in the small blowing engine house in 1888 that left 6 workers burned blind. In October of 1906, James “Slag” Wormwood, lost his footing at the top of the highest blast furnace (known as Big Alice), and plummeted into a pool of melted iron ore. His body melted instantly.
A night watchman in 1926 sustained injuries after being “pushed from behind” and told angrily by a deep voice “to get back to work.” The man, upon searching the grounds, could find no sign of any other living person.
In 1947, three supervisors turned up missing. Found unconscious and locked in the small boiler room in the southeastern part of the plant, none of the three could explain exactly what happened to them. All agreed they were approached by a man whose skin appeared badly burned and who angrily shouted at them “to push some steel.”
Probably the most horrifying tale occurred in 1971, when the night before the plant closed, Samuel Blumenthal, the Sloss Night Watchman, who was nostalgically taking a last look about, found himself face to face with “the most frightening thing he had ever seen.” He described it simply as “evil”, a “half man/half demon” who tried to push him up the stairs. When Blumenthal refused, the monster began to beat on him with his fists.
Upon examination by Dr. Jack Barlo, Blumenthal was found covered with intense burns. He died before ever returning to Sloss.
There have been more than 100 reports of suspected paranormal activity at Sloss Furnaces recorded in Birmingham Police records. From minor incidents such as steam whistles apparently blowing by themselves, to major sightings and the rare physical assault.
Georgia Paranormal Locations
Sorrel Weed House in Savannah, GA
6 W Harris St, Savannah, GA 31401 | 32.074081, -81.093997
In 2005, TAPS from Syfy Channel’s hit series “GHOST HUNTERS” traveled to Savannah, GA to investigate the Sorrel Weed House for their first annual live Halloween Investigation and captured startling EVP evidence. Since then, many more paranormal researchers from around the world have come to investigate the property. Zak and Crew from Travel Channel’s “GHOST ADVENTURES” visited in 2015 and captured both physical and audible evidence.
The Sorrel–Weed House, or the Francis Sorrel House, is a historic landmark and Savannah Museum located in Savannah, Georgia. It represents one of the finest examples of Greek Revival and Regency architecture in Savannah and was one of the first two homes in the State of Georgia to be made a State Landmark in 1954. At 16,000 square feet, it is also one of the largest houses in the city.
The opening scene of the 1994 film Forrest Gump was filmed from the rooftop of the Sorrel–Weed house and is a popular tourist stop. The scene, which begins with a floating feather through the Savannah sky, pans the rooftops of other buildings occupying Madison Square as seen from the very top of the Sorrel–Weed home. The scene is then spliced to a scene of another church located on Chippewa square, where ultimately, Forrest is seen sitting on a bench.
Moon River Brewing Company in Savannah, GA
21 W Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401 | 32.081028,-81.0925642
Moon River Brewing Company is located in the former City Hotel. Elazer Early, a native of Charleston, South Carolina, built the City Hotel in 1821. Not only was it the first hotel in Savannah, but it was also home to the first branch of the United States Post Office in Savannah, as well as a branch of the Bank of the United States.
Since opening, the staff and customers of Moon River Brewery have encountered many unexplained, and sometimes violent, occurrences. Accounts include bottles being thrown by unseen forces and people being touched, pushed, and slapped by invisible spirits. One prominent ghostly figure is “Toby,” who lurks in the bar’s billiard room where he has been known to push patrons and staff.
A glowing white apparition has reportedly been seen on the restaurant’s upper floors and is believed to be the spirit of a hotel worker who died there in the late 1800s. In the 1990s during an attempt to renovate the building’s third floor, the foreman’s wife was violently pushed down the staircase. Locals say he gave his resignation on the spot and to this day, the upper floors remain in decay.
Florida Paranormal Locations
St Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum in St Augustine, FL
81 Lighthouse Avenue (use 100 Red Cox Road for gps, St. Augustine, FL 32080 | 29.885468, -81.288380
The Lighthouse is St. Augustine’s oldest surviving brick structure, and today the site is restored to colors and materials used the year 1888. Officially the first light in St. Augustine was lit in an existing coquina structure in May of 1824 by Florida’s American territorial government. By 1870, this “Old Spanish Watchtower” as it was known, was threatened by shoreline erosion and the US Congress appropriated $100K for a new tower. Construction began in 1871, and it continued for the next three years.
The most popular is the true story of the tragedy that befell the children of Hezekiah H. Pittee, superintendent of lighthouse construction from 1871 to 74.
On July 10, 1873, “during construction of the tower, the foreman’s children were playing on a supply cart that ran on the tracks to where modern Salt Run is now. When the cart hit the gate the children were trapped until a worker was able to lift it up. The two youngest children, Edward and Carrie Pittee survived. The two oldest, Eliza and Mary did drown,” Hladik said.
The lesser-known part of this story is there was another child involved – a 10-year-old African-American girl. Hladik said her name wasn’t recorded in the primary source used (a newspaper article interviewing Edward many years later), but through other sources they know she was there.
“This girl deserves to be mentioned just as much as the others and I’m happy that I’m in a position where I get to do so,” he said.
The other oft-told tale was reported in the St. Augustine Examiner on Dec. 5, 1859. Light Keeper Joseph Andreu was painting the tower when the scaffolding failed and he fell about 60 feet. “He died in the line of duty,” the article reported.
Inside the lighthouse and around the property, many are often spooked by strange and eerie events that they just cannot explain. Staff members say that they lock the door at the top of the tower each night before leaving – yet the door is often open in the morning when they arrive for work. The lighthouse staff also reports that chairs have been moved or overturned and that various items in the gift shop were moved or missing, only to reappear later.
Castillo de San Marcos in St Augustine, FL
1 S Castillo Dr, St. Augustine, FL 32084 | 29.896460, -81.311322
St. Augustine, FL, is America’s oldest city and home to the only 17th-century masonry fortress still in existence in the United States. The Castillo de San Marcos has flown the flags of five different countries over its limestone walls. Fifteen battles and sieges have been waged at this military fortress that served as a stronghold during wars between England and France, England and America, and America’s Union North and Confederate South. It’s now a national landmark and home to many spirits who lived and died there over the last 300 years.
One of the Castillo’s best-known ghost stories involves a love triangle between Spanish Col. Garcia Marti, his wife, Delores Marti, and Capt. Manuel Abela. In 1784 during the second Spanish occupation, Col. Marti, the fort’s commanding officer, suspected his wife of cheating on him with Capt. Abela. His suspicions and temper were fueled when he claimed to smell his wife’s perfume on Abela’s uniform. Inexplicably, Delores Marti and Capt. Abela mysteriously disappeared soon after. Ghostly reports from the grounds of Castillo describe a female apparition in a white dress, believed to be the forlorn spirit of Delores Marti.
Other spiritual sightings include the ghost of a Seminole seemingly leaping to freedom from the high fortress walls. Night watchmen at the Castillo, now a U.S. National Park, have also reported seeing ghosts of Spanish soldiers patrolling the grounds.
Riddle House in West Palm Beach, FL
9067 Southern Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33411 | 26.685351, -80.188927
Death has been in and around the Riddle House since it was built in the early 1900s. First used as a funeral parlor, and later as a private residence, the home has seen its share of tragedy.
But what makes this haunt even more perplexing? In the 1980s, the house was moved across town and from many modern-day reports, the angry ghosts who dwelled there went with it.
In 1905, a Victorian “Painted Lady” house was constructed at 327 Acacia Street in downtown West Palm Beach. Originally called the Gatekeeper’s Cottage, the building served as a home to the overseers of the Woodlawn Cemetery across the street.
A century ago, it wasn’t uncommon for families to bury their loved ones with the expensive jewelry they owned in life. Grave robbing was an ongoing problem, and those who lived in the Gatekeeper’s Cottage were expected to keep an eye out for would-be criminals.
During the reassembling of the Riddle House, the dark haunting inside reared its head again. When returning to work in the mornings, carpenters would find their tools thrown from the attic and on the ground below. Third-floor windows would also be found mysteriously broken. At one point, reconstruction had to stop for six months because the workers were so shaken up by what they had experienced inside.
During the private unveiling of the Riddle House in Yesteryear Village, two unexpected guests showed up to the reception. Dressed in early twentieth century garb, many commented on how dashing the pair looked. Those in attendance assumed the couple to be actors. When an old photo showing the original Riddle House was unveiled, attendees were shocked to see the couple in the photo. The out-of-place guests could not be found.
The Riddle House is one of the most active haunts in southern Florida. One visitor who had arranged for a private tour was struck in the head by a piece of wood in the staircase. The wood seemed to appear from nowhere. A maintenance worker was attacked while cleaning the building and refuses to enter the house again. Other witnesses have spotted a hanging torso in the attic window but later learned that no such mannequin exists in the attic. Security personnel have seen lights going on and off in the building, and many avoid the house altogether.
Michigan Paranormal Locations
Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island in Michigan
One Lakeshore Drive, Mackinac Island, MI 49757 | 45.851230, -84.606102
Built in the 1950s as a world conference center for The Moral Re-Alignment, a cultish religious group that aimed to mold the world’s morals to their own liking, the property changed hands a few times until the late 80s, when it officially became the Mission Point Resort. Of all the haunts on Mackinac Island, this one reigns as the most active.
Here resides the ghost of Harvey, a jilted lover who took his own life in the woods. His ghost is supposedly seen throughout this chilling hotel. There’s a man called “the judge” who appears in the bar wearing a black robe. In the steam room, a woman once freaked out that someone went in the steam room with her—but there was NO ONE there! The theater room witnesses have heard footsteps, people have been touched while others have spotted a man and heard a little girl’s voice.
Numerous other spirits are said to inhabit the resort, from ghosts of a young girl heard calling to her parents, to Native American spirits wandering the property, to a woman heard singing old-time music near the theater.
Canadian Paranormal Locations
Old Fort Erie in Fort Erie Ontario
350 Lakeshore Rd, Fort Erie, ON L2A 1B1, Canada | 42.894569, -78.924136
This is a War of 1812 National Historic Site. Old Fort Erie is Canada’s bloodiest field of battle with over 3,000 troops killed and wounded during the Siege of Fort Erie between August 3 and September 21, 1814. The original fort was built in 1764 and was replaced by a larger fortress that was being built during the War of 1812. American forces, which had captured the fort, destroyed it in 1814 in the months following a siege by British forces. The British occupied the ruined fort until 1823. The current structure was opened in 1939.
The fort has been a popular spot with paranormalists. Ghost Adventures did an episode here. TVO’s Ghost Trackers television series shot an episode at the fort in 2006. In the past, visitors have claimed to have seem a headless soldier, a shadowy man in a top hat, and a child crying at different areas in the Fort.